Prune Plum Cake ,,,Fall is the time for Prune Plums. These are my favourite plums actually so even though seeing them means the end of summer, I am always happy when they are on the store shelves.
Smitten Kitchen posted this recipe, Purple Plum Torte, The recipe that Smitten Kitchen posted was made with butter, but I wanted it to be parve, non-dairy, so I substituted the butter with oil. I loved the texture of the cake using the oil, so I am going to make it this way always!
The cake has plums on top of the batter & they sink into the cake as it bakes. This cake is made in a spring form pan but if you do not have one use an equivalent size baking pan & make sure you grease it well so that the cake will come out easily when cut.
Here is the recipe thanks to Smitten Kitchen for posting it…I changed 1 thing only so I have the recipe here with the changes I made
For the cake
1 cup flour
1 tsp baking powder
pinch of salt
1 cup sugar
6 tbsp oil
2 large eggs
For the topping
12 purple plums
2 tsp lemon juice
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tbsp sugar
Preheat oven to 350f
Grease a 9 inch springform pan within-stick spray
You can easily mix this cake by hand, using oil instead of butter makes this easy!
- Whisk the flour, baking powder & salt together in a bowl
- In a different bowl, whisk sugar & oil together
- Add the eggs to the sugar/oil mixture & mix well until smooth & well combined
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ones & using a spoon, mix well
- Cut the plums in half & remove the pit
- Put the cut plums cut side down on top of the batter…cover the top
- Sprinkle the lemon juice over the plums
- Mix the siccamon & the sugar together & sprinkle over the plums
- Bake the cake in the preheated oven for for approximatley 45 minutes..
- Cool the cake in the springform pan on a rack, if you have made this in a cake pan, you can let it cool for about 15 minutes the remove & finish cooling on the cooling rack.
- Remove the ring of the sjpringform pan to serve…
- When the cake was cool I dusted the top of the cake with some icing sugar…
You must be logged in to post a comment.