This recipe is from my sister Edith & she gave it to me probably 25 years ago. I have looked for the original recipe, Hershey Bar Pie, but can not find it anywhere that is exactly the same as this one. The recipes I have seen on the internet call for Cool Whip & a pre-made graham crust. Certainly using a pre-made graham crust & Cool Whip makes this very easy & quick. I have made this as the recipe I have, with a quick home made no-bake graham pie crust…chilling it in the freezer while getting the filling ready.*** be careful not to leave it in the freezer too long & real whipped cream, unsweetened since the other ingredients are sweet. I like that this recipe is using real whipped cream..my personal preference rather then using Cool Whip. The filling is sweet, creamy & smooth. I grated some semi-sweet chocolate on top of the pie to finish it.
Here is the link to the recipe on the Hershey website.
This is the recipe I have from my sister
Chocolate Bar Pie
1 prepared 9″ graham cracker crust *** home made or bought is fine
1 8 oz milk chocolate bar, broken in pieces *** I used a Neilson Jersey Milk Bar
1/3 cup milk
1 1/3 cup mini marshmallows
1 cup whipping cream
1. Make a graham wafer crust… I just used the recipe on the box of graham wafer crumbs & chilled the crust in the freezer while I was getting everything else ready
2. Combine the chocolate bar, milk & marshmallows in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 1 1/2 to 2/ 1/2 minutes. Stir after 1 1/2 minutes. continue in the microwave until mixture is melted & smooth, stirring every 30 seconds
3. Cool chocolate mixture completely *** I put it in the freezer to cool
4. Whip the cream until stiff.
5. Fold the whipped cream into the cooled chocolate mixture.*** Add a bit of whipped cream to start & mix well, then fold the rest in.
6. Spoon into the crust
7. Chill for several hours until firm
*** I think this is meant for a bought graham crust shell…it didn’t fill up my pie pan enough so I will top it will a layer of whip cream I guess since the shell is not completely full !!!
You must be logged in to post a comment.