Fresh blueberries are everywhere! I see cases of them in all the grocery stores! A perfect time to make a delicious and easy Blueberry Crisp
I adapted a recipe from Martha Stewart’s website. I used oil instead of butter in the topping & added some cinnamon & nutmeg to the filling. Also swapped the cornstarch for flour.
I actually used frozen blueberries because I did not have any fresh but with all the fresh blueberries around I am going to make this Blueberry Crisp again with some fresh ones!
The recipe is simple yet so delicious & satisfying! Blueberries are tossed with some sugar & flour then put into a greased backing dish. The topping is a mixture of oats, sugar, flour & I used a neutral oil instead of butter. Baked until you see the blueberry filling is bubbling up along the edges making a wonderful jammy edge!
Serve this Blueberry Crisp on its own or with ice cream. Murray likes it with Coconut Whip from the can!
Here is the recipe adapted from Martha Stewart’s website
6 cups Blueberries , fresh or frozen ( no need to defrost frozen ones)
1/2 cup sugar
1 tbsp flour ( you can use cornstarch..this is in the original recipe)
A dash of nutmeg & cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 cup flour
1/2 cup oats
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
4-5 tbsp neutral oil
Preheat oven to 375f Grease a 8×8 square baking dish
- Mix the filling ingredients together & put them into the prepared baking dish
- Make the topping, mix the flour, oats, baking soda & salt together. Add the oil & mix using a fork or your fingers until the topping clumps together, add a bit more oil if it is too dry
- Put the topping all over the blueberries, don’t press the filling down too much
- Bake in the preheated oven for approximately 1 hour until the fruit is bubbling up around the edges & the topping is browned!
- Let cool before serving because the fruit is very hot!