I had too many leftover cooked corn cobs so they became this Fresh Corn Salad.
I do like to made extra corn on the cob. I like to cut the corn off the cob & add the corn to salads or even rice! The natural sweetness of the corn adds a delicious flavour. I have also added the corn kernels to omelettes . Just mix the corn in with the eggs & cook as usual. Delish! And of course the corn off the cob is great in a Cauliflower Fried Rice
The Fresh Corn Salad is great as a side dish or just have some for lunch! Perfect to serve for company too! It is a good company dish since you can make it earlier in the day.
You might want to know if you can use frozen corn for this? Yes you can! Just cook the frozen corn according to the pkg instructions, any amount you want! Adjust the other ingredients to the amt of corn. If you have a large amount of corn then add more avocado, chives & basil. This Fresh Corn Salad is a very simple recipe but simple recipes can be the best!
This is a 4 ingredient salad if you count the fresh basil! I made a very simple slightly sweet dressing but feel free to use any dressing you like! The combination of corn, avocado, chives & basil would go well with almost any dressing you like. If you want a greek vibe, use a Greek Salad Dressing. The dressing from my Greek Pasta Salad recipe would be great here too, If you are going to use this dressing perhaps add some crumbled feta cheese!
Check out my Shop page for some of my fav things
Here is the recipe
4 cooked cobs of corn, cooled *** Left over corn cobs are great for this
2 tbsp chopped chives ( if you don’t have chives you can use red onion. finely chopped )
1 ripe avocado
Fresh Basil sliced. approx 5 – 6 large leaves of basil.. if you love the flavour of fresh basil use a more.
Optional : Some whole leaves of basil for garnish
Dressing You will have left over dressing. This keeps well in the fridge for days
1/2 tbsp dijon mustard
2 tbsp maple syrup
2 tbsp rice vinegar
1/4 cup olive oil
juice of half a lemon
salt & pepper
- Cut the kernels off the cobs. Do this by placing the cob in a large bowl that you can work in.. Stand the cob up in the centre of the bowl. Hold firmly & slice the kernels off the cob. They fall right into the bowl! Alternately, you can use a secure cutting board to stand the cob up on! Break up the slices of corn that come off the cob.
- Add the chives or red onion.
- Chop up the avocado into small pieces then add to the bowl.
- Add the sliced basil. Mix well
- Make the dressing. Add all of the ingredients into a jar & give it a good shake. (alternately use a bowl & whisk)
- Pour the amount of dressing you like over the corn mixture & mix well
- Garnish with the fresh basil