Costco now sells cauliflower that has been chopped up into small ‘rice’ size pieces. It is called California SNOW. This makes making cauliflower fried rice even quicker! I posted a recipe for Cauliflower Fried Rice in January but will re-post it here today. I picked up a bag of the Caulifornia SNOW & am going to make it into cauliflower fried rice for dinner tonight to eat with some BBQ chicken!
My inspiration for my recipe is from bestrecipebox.com. I am sure that there are so many recipes for this now & you can easily adapt any of them to suit your own tastes. THIS RECIPE IS EASILY ADAPTED TO A VEGAN DIET, JUST ELIMINATE THE EGG.
Here is how made my cauliflower rice
1 head of cauliflower **** I am using a 1.5 bag of Caulifornia Snow
2 tbsp oil
1 medium onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
2 cups frozen mixed vegetables (peas, carrots, corn)
2 eggs, beaten *** IF YOU WANT TO MAKE THIS VEGAN, LEAVE OUT THE EGG
2 tbsp soya sauce
1 tbsp sesame oil
1 tbsp Sweet Thai Chili Sauce or any hot sauce, depending on your taste
2 green onions, diced
salt & pepper to taste
1.Clean and cut the cauliflower into chunks. Put into a food processor and using the pulse setting, chop the cauliflower until it resembles rice. You can do this by hand if you would prefer **** OR OPEN UP THE BAG OF CAULIFORNIA SNOW!!!
2. In a large saucepan, heat the 2 tbsp of oil
3. Add the chopped onion and minced garlic and cook until the onion is soft (mine browned a bit which is fine)
4. Add the cauliflower and cook until tender but not too soft. Stir often to ensure even cooking and the distribution of the onion and garlic throughout the cauliflower
5. Add the mixed vegetables , stirring them together with the cauliflower and cooking until the vegetables are completely defrosted and warm. Stir often to avoid sticking to the bottom of the saucepan
6.Make a space in the middle of the pan by pushing the cauliflower and vegetables aside. Put the beaten eggs in and stir them into the vegetables to cook the egg and coat all of the cauliflower
7. Add the soya sauce, sesame oil, sweet Thai chilli sauce & diced green onions. Mix well to combine. Season to taste with salt & pepper
3 thoughts on “Cauliflower Fried Rice”
Yummy lunch idea 🙂
[…] Today I think I am going to cook my mother-in-laws- recipe for Kobe Chicken & have some Cauliflower Fried Rice with it! Asian style food all the way…. & maybe some sautéed broccoli! Yep thats it for […]
[…] these…you could serve them over rice, quinoa, coconut quinoa, rice noodles, ramen like I did, cauliflower fried rice… & add what ever vegetable you like… steamed broccoli….bok chop… snow […]
You must log in to post a comment.