I’m running around today doing all kinds of errands, so making soup in the Instant Pot is perfect for today! So simple & I can just put it on & go!
I just got home & tasted the soup. It was great…it needed some salt so I just seasoned the soup with some & promptly ate a bowl!
The ingredients are basic & flexible… I used a zucchini but if you don’t have one, do not worry about it. Usually I add green beans, but I did not have any . so the soup does not have green beans in it!
This soup can be made on the stove top of course… just do the same method using a pot & cook it until the vegetables are tender & the pasta is cooked… I like to cook my soups longer then most recipes say to… so I would cook this for about 1 hour ..but you will know when it is ready!
Here is the recipe
2 tbsp oil
1 onion, chopped
1 large carrot, cut in half lengthwise & sliced
1 celery stalk, sliced
1 zucchini , cut lengthwise & sliced pretty thickly, about 3/4 inch thick
*** a handful of cut fresh or frozen green beans .. cut in 1 inch length
1 -2 cloves of garlic, minced ***I used 1 clove of garlic but I think it could have used 2!
1 796g can of diced tomatoes, with the juice
1 can red kidney beans, drained & rinsed
1 tsp dried basil
1/2 tsp dried oregano
1 1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1/4 cup small pasta, I used small bows but use what you have or break up some spaghetti …I do that often
6 cups water or vegetable broth *** I did not have any veg broth so I used water
1/2 tsp sugar
You will use the Instant Pot as per the manufacturers instructions
- Have all of the ingredients ready before starting to prepare the soup
- Get your Instant Pot ready, lid off & plugged in
- Turn the Instant Pot to saute
- Add the oil
- Add the chopped onion & cook, stirring often until they begin to soften
- Add the carrot, celery, zucchini, garlic & mix the ingredients around with the onion & cook for a few minutes until you see that the vegetables are starting to soften a bit, about 3 – 4 minutes
- Turn the Instant Pot off
- Add the whole can of diced tomatoes, the can of kidney beans, all the spices & teh pasta
- Now add the water & sugar, stir well
- Put the top back on the Instant Pot according to the instructions, making sure it is locked in place properly
- Make sure that the valve is turned to SEALING
- Turn the Instant Pot on to SOUP for 15 minutes
- My Instant Pot always adds a warming time, if you do not want the soup to stay warm, turn that function off
- Let the soup depressurize naturally
- When all the pressure has been released & it is safe to do so, open the lid carefully
- Season the soup with salt & pepper to your taste & give your soup a stir!
2 thoughts on “Instant Pot Minestrone Soup..Vegan & Easy…”
Perfect for a brisk day like today!
[…] Instant Pot Minestrone Soup..Vegan & Easy… — Marilyn Dishes […]
You must log in to post a comment.