This Korean Inspired Ground Beef can be eaten over noodles, rice , quinoa or wrap this in a soft lettuce leaf! Delish!
I always love a quick & delicious meal & this Korean Inspired Ground Beef fits the bill!
The ground beef is cooked with onions & spices. I added gochujang chili sauce & loved the flavor. I buy the bottle of this sauce from Presidents Choice …it is called Memories of Seoul. If you can’t find this sauce you can add plum sauce or hoisin sauce, whatever you have on hand.
I served this Korean Inspired Ground Beef over quinoa. You can add anything you like to your bowl. I had some bok choy that I sautéed and I added some fresh grated carrot The options are really only limited by what you like! Sprinkle on some sesame seeds & you have a beautiful delicious supper
Here is the recipe
1 lb ground beef ( you can use any ground protein for this, chicken, turkey , vegan )
1 medium onion, chopped
3 cloves of garlic, minced
3 tbsp soya sauce
2 tbsp Mirin
2 tbsp gochujang sauce
2 tbsp sugar
roasted sesame oil
3 green onion, sliced white & green
- In a large skillet, cook the ground beef, breaking it up while cooking, until it is no longer pink, then put into a bowl
- Sauce the chopped onion in the same pan until translucent & starting to brown around the edges. Add the minced garlic & cook for about 3 minutes.
- Add the cooked beef back into the skillet, mix
- Now, add the soya sauce, mirin, gochujang. sugar, salt & pepper. Cook for about 15 minutes until all of the flavors have combined.
- Turn the heat off & drizzle some roasted sesame oil over top & mix it in
- Toss in the sliced green onion & sesame seeds
- Taste & adjust seasonings
One thought on “Korean Inspired Ground Beef”
Wonderful flavors, and you could use a meat substitute here as well!
You must log in to post a comment.