There are so many recipes for ground beef and many on this blog but I liken to change things up often/
I did not have all the ingredients in the original recipe so I used it as a guide.
I served this on a bed of quinoa ( I only had basmati rice in the house which I did not think would go well with this dish) . roasted Bok Choy and some grated carrot
Really quick to make! The quinoa can be cooking while the Bok Choy is roasting while you are cooking the meat! Works out really well! Of course use rice if you want & any vegetable !
Here is my recipe for Korean Style Ground Beef Bowl
1 tbsp neutral oil
1 onion, finely diced
3 cloves of garlic, minced
1 lb ground beef
3 tbsp soya sauce
2-3 tbsp Gochujang Sauce *** Use 3 tbsp if you like your food a bit spicy
2 tbsp Mirin
1/2 tsp salt jhang sau
3 green onions chopped
2 tbsp sesame seeds divided, one tbsp in the beef & 1 tbsp to garnish
1 cup uncooked quinoa
1 pkg baby bok choy cleaned and cut in half
2 tbsp oil & salt for the bok choy
1 large carrot grated
Preheat oven to 400f * to roast the boy chop)
- Heat the oil over medium heat, in a large skillet & cook the prepared onion until soft
- Add the minced garlic, stir & cook until the garlic becomes fragrant, about 2-3 minutes
- Now, put the ground beef into the skillet & break it up. mix it with the onion & garlic and cook, stirring often until the meat is completely cooked and the liquid from the beef has mostly cooked away
- Pour the soya sauce, Gochujang Sauce, Mirin into the meat mixture & mix well so that all of the meat is coated with the sauces. Sprinkle on the salt & mix. Cook for about 5 minutes until you can see that the meat and sauces have combined well & are somewhat canalized & a nice dark brown color; Stir often so the meat does not stick to the bottom of the pan. Scrape it up if it has stuck before it burns. This crispy part is delicious!
- Mix in the chopped green onion & sesame seeds, continue cooking until the green onion has softened.
- At this point you can turn the heat off if the quinoa and box chop have not finished cooking
- Cook 1 cup of quinoa according to pkg instructions
- Line a baking sheet with foil, spray the foil with non-stick spray
- Pout the oil over the bok choy, sprinkle on the salt in a bowl, mixing with your hands so that all of the box chop is coated
- Lay the bok choy in a single layer as much as possible onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Put into the preheated oven & roast until soft & just starting to brown Approx 8-10 minutes, Check often as the time it will take to cook depends on how big the pieces are! You can stir the box chop halfway through the cooking time
- Remove from he oven when done
Putting it all together
In individual bowls, scoop some cooked quinoa into the bottom of the bowl, top with the Korean Style Ground Beef, the roasted bok choy and some grated carrot Sprinkle sesame seeds over top
Loved this recipe! Let me know if you do too in the comments & remember to give me a follow so you can get my recipes right in your email! Thanks !!