I love this recipe..it is really quick & delcious
The recipe is on the website salt & Lavender and here is the link to it.
I only changed one thing.. using dried spices instead of fresh since I did not have fresh garlic or ginger and I added vegetables. I used frozen broccoli half a red pepper diced &a can of sliced mushrooms.. you can add whatever vegetables you like, but one thing to remember is that if you add lots of vegetables there isn’t much sauce so you might want to double the sauce quantity. I have used a bag of coleslaw mix as well other times I have made this.
You could use chicken or tofu with this instead of the beef if you prefer. My daughter made this with chicken and really liked it
You can garnish with sliced green onions if you like
Here is the recipe with my changes
4 cups frozen broccoli florets
1/2 red pepper, diced
1 can sliced mushrooms, drained
1 lb ground beef
3 ramen noodle pucks ( I use ones from Costco so they come in pucks)
3 tbsp hoisin sauce
3 tbsp peanut butter
1 tbsp soya sauce
1 tsp powdered garlic
1 tsp powdered ginger
1 tsp Sriracha sauce or to taste
salt and pepper to taste
1 green onion sliced … optional
3 ramen noodles pucks… I use ramen from Costco or use ramen from soup packages ..discard the spice pack
- In a large frying pan or wok stir fry the vegetables until they are cooked then remove from the skillet and set aside
- If there is any liquid in the pan remove it
- Put pot of water on to boil so it will be ready to add the ramen to.. ramen takes 3 minutes to cook
- Crumble the meat into the pan & stir-fry it until it is completely cooked.
- After the meat is cooked, start cooking the noodles.
- Turn the heat off under the meat & add the sauce, mix it around, then add the cooked vegetables. mix well
- When the noodles are cooked add some of the cooking water to the meat & vegetables. I used 1?2 a soup ladle since I had lots of veg in the pan, you can add less if you have less veg… 4-5 tbsp. Mix well
- Add the noodles to the meat mixture. Mix well. Taste & season with salt if needed
- There you go! dinner is ready !
You can garnish with sliced green onions if you want.. add more