This Cod & Spinach Casserole is just delicious! It is very easy to put together & does not take long to cook either! I have made this recipe so often! It is delicious & really quick. If I am having a busy day this is a perfect dinner! Serve with some rice if you want!
I like to buy the frozen cod fillets from Costco so that I have fish available for this dish and this Fish In Red Curry Sauce
This recipe is from The Spruce Eats.. I really like the recipes on this site that I have tried. You could check it out too!(I did add more spinach then the recipe said to add but otherwise I made it the same way! )
You need some cod fillets… frozen spinach… I keep a bag in my freezer always… & a can of Campbells Mushroom soup which I always have in the pantry & some Panko bread crumbs. I have used Corn Flake crumbs as well and these work nicely!
Here is the recipe, the only change i made was using twice the amount of spinach
500 g ( 1 bag) of frozen spinach
4 cod fillets, if frozen defrost them in cold water or in the fridge
salt & pepper
1 can of Cream of Mushroom Soup… I used Cambells
1 cup of Panko bread crumbs,, if you don’t have Panko crumbs use regular bread crumbs if you have…even corn flake crumbs would be really tasty! You can make crumbs from any crackers too if you do not have bread crumbs
2 tbsp melted butter
Preheat oven to 375f
Grease a baking dish big enough to hold the fish with just a bit of room between the pieces, then recipe says to use a 2 quart casserole dish… My fish pieces were not that big so I used a 9×9 square baking dish but use whatever size works for you!
- Take your frozen spinach & cook it according the instructions on the pkg… then put the spinach into a colander & squeeze as much of the moisture out as you can
- Spread the drained spinach evenly in the bottom of the greased baking dish
- Put the defrosted pieces of cod over top of the spinach
- Season the fish with salt & pepper
- Spread the can of soup evenly over the fish
- Now, mix the bread crumbs with the melted butter so that all of the crumbs are coated
- Sprinkle the crumbs evenly over the fish
- Bake in the pre-heated oven for about 30 minutes until the fish is throughly cooked…you can check to se that it flakes easily … if you use defrosted frozen cod fillets, use the package for reference on how to cook the fish
I served this with a lovely baked potatoes… yum!