I know if you are in the ‘I don’t like raisin camp’ you may disregard this post but you shouldn’t!
This recipe is so delicious I am sure you can leave the raisins out if you do not like them & still have a very yummy cake!
The recipe is from Carine Goren.. TRADITIONAL Jewish Baking .. I love this book. Everything I have made from it has been great.
Here is a link to the other recipe that I have posted on this blog..
Cheese & Crumb Cake by Carine Goren.
Here is the recipe for this Cheese cake with Raisins with a few changes that I made
For the base
3 1/2 cups flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 cup sugar
7/8 cup ( 220 g or 7 oz ) butter, cut into cubes
1 lb cream cheese, cut into chunks
2 1/2 cups greek yogurt
1/2 cup vanilla pudding mix
1 cup sugar
zest of 1 lemon
1 cup golden raisins
Preheat oven to 350f
Grease a 13 x11 baking dish.. I use a glass pyrex pan
Making the base
- Use your food processor… mix the flour, baking powder, sugar & butter until it is crumbly. It is good to use the pulse feature for this
- Add the eggs, mix until a dough forms
- Press 2/3 of the dough into the bottom of the prepared baking dish, pressing firmly
- Reserve the remaining dough… this will be the topping.
- Bake the base for 20 minutes until it is golden, remove from the oven & leave the oven on
Make the filling
- You can use your food processor for this or a mixer.
- Cream the cream cheese in the mixer, scrape down the sides. I using
- Add the yogurt, vanilla pudding mix, eggs, sugar & lemon zest & mix until combined well & smooth
- Fold in the raisins
Pour the filling onto the baked base, smooth it out so it is evenly distributed in the pan
Take the reserved topping & sprinkle it over the cheese mixture
Bake for 40 minutes until golden
Let cool then put in the fridge for at least 4 hours before serving
2 thoughts on “Cheese Cake with Raisins”
What an interesting recipe! It is certainly unique, and inviting.
[…] Mousse Matzo Cake , Cheese Cake with Raisins , Date Cookies , Fold-Up Yeast Cake, Cookies & Cream Dessert, Cheese & Crumb Cake […]
You must log in to post a comment.