I saw this recipe on Epicurious.com & since Murray really likes chicken wings, I thought I would give this a try…. they were great!
This recipe is from Epicurious.com Korean-Style Grilled Wings with Cucumber-Kimchi Salad recipe.
I did not make the cucumber salad … & I doubled the amount of marinade, I had 3 lb of wings… & i adjusted the recipe a bit so I will write it down here as I made it but not doubled. So this recipe will be for 2 lbs of wings
My wings did not look like the wings in the picture on the Epicurious website at all! Not sure why that would be, but they were tasty & Murray really liked then so that was good!!
The recipe says to marinade the wings for 20 minutes or overnight. I put the wings in the marinade the evening before I wanted to make them for dinner.
The recipe said to keep some of the marinade aside to use on the wings after they were cooked… & I didn’t do that… just dumped all the marinade into the container with the wings… so I made a small amount of the marinade while the wings were cooking… it was fine!
Also, I didn’t think I was going to blog this recipe so I didn’t really take my usual pictures but they were so good I decided to share the recipe with you…
Here is the recipe
1/4 cup apple juice
3 tbsp soy sauce
1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
2 tbsp sesame oil
1 tbsp grated ginger
1 tsp brown suuar
1 garlic clove, minced
2 lb chicken wings
- Blend the apple juice, soy sauce, red pepper flakes, sesame oil, ginger, brown sugar & garlic together in a blender… I don’t have a blender so I used an emersion hand held blender but really you can just whisk this together
- The recipe says to salt the chicken wings before putting them into the marinade, but I did not do that…
- Put the wings into a container that you can marinade them in, a plastic zip loc bag or anything that will work
- Pour 2/3 of the marinade over the wings & set the other marinade aside, if you waiting until the next day to cook your wings, cover the marinade & put it in the fridge
- You can marinade the wings for 20 minutes or up to overnight. If you are only going to wait for 20 minutes …then the wings can sit on the counter but put them in the fridge if you are going to wait longer!
- When you are ready to eat… grill the wings on a medium-high heat for about 15-20 minutes or however long it takes for the wings to be completely cooked through & the skin crispy … I cooked them on the grill & then put them into a dish in the oven for about 30 min at 375f to make sure they were cooked through… I always worry about serving or eating undercooked chicken! … so just make sure the wings are cooked through
- When the wings are almost finished cooking, take the reserved marinade out of the fridge to get to room temperature
- Toss the cooked wings with the reserved marinade before serving!
You must log in to post a comment.