Marinate this chicken for a few hours, then grill it up!
This recipe is from GALILEE green.. called Can’t-Resist Cookout Chicken
I like Bbq sauce on my chicken … but when I want something different this is going to be one of the recipes I am going to make!
Simple everyday ingredients mixed together make up the flavourful marinade.
I seared the chicken on both sides on a medium high grill then moved the chicken off the heat so it could cook through without getting burnt. The internal temperature chicken needs to be cooked to is 165f… I have a meat thermometer so I was able to check… I over-cooked it….but it was still good …luckily Murray is used to me over-cooking chicken!
Here is the recipe * I used less garlic then the original recipe called fo
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup oil… I used vegetable oil… I did not want to use olive oil since it would get smoky hot..
1 1/2 tsp dried parsley
3 garlic cloves , minced
1/2 tsp dried basil
1/2 tsp dried oregano
1/4 tsp pepper
I used 4 pieces of chicken… well 2 leg & thigh pieces… the recipe calls for 4 – 6 leg/thigh pieces… use whatever type of chicken you like!
- Mix all of the marinade ingredients in a bowl
- Put the chicken pieces into a zip loc bag…I only needed one bag because the amount of chicken I was using fit into one bag… if you are making more chicken then divide the marinade between the bags so there is room in them for the chicken….
- Pour the marinade over the chicken pieces, seal the bag & put it in the refrigerator to marinade for 4 hours to overnight…but how ever long you do it for is good!
- Remove the chicken from the marinade ..THROW OUT THE LEFTOVER MARINADE
- Grill the chicken, turning to make sure that it cooks evenly, I like to cook the chicken over medium high heat, turning a few times until I get the nice charred, but not burnt, colour then I move the chicken to the side of the grill, turn off thereat under it, leaving the heat on the the other side which I turn up to hith, close the lid & let the chicken cook until it reaches an internal temperature of 165f. But you can grill the chicken any way you want as long as it is cooked completely before eating it!!!