This Blackened Fish Sandwich is as good or better than any restaurant fish sandwich!
This recipe is from Tasting Table.
The fish sandwich was nice & spicy, drippy & delicious.
I only have one picture since I made it before I started this blog!! The recipe has a home-made spice rub you use on the fish (this spice rub would be great on chicken as well) & then directions to make the sandwich. I am going to put the link to the recipe on the Tasting Table website for you to see it if you want but I will put the recipe here as well. I did not change a thing except I did not use the rolls they recommended. & I used a frozen white fish burger that I bought at Costco.
Here is the link to the recipe
Blackened Fish Sandwich Tasting Table
2 1/4 tsp paprika
2 1/4 tsp garlic powder
2 1/4 tsp onion powder
2 1/4 tsp crushed dried thyme
3/4 tsp black pepper
3/4 tsp cayenne pepper
Sauce for the Sandwich
2 tbsp orange marmalade
1/2 tsp fresh lime juice *** you need a total of 2 1/2 tsp fresh lime juice
Ingredients for the Sandwich
2 tsp lime juice
1 tsp olive oil
1/2 tsp kosher salt or more to taste
2 tbsp butter, divided
4 fish burgers *** you could use any pre-made frozen fish burger, white fish or salmon or use 4 pieces of firm white fish…4 oz each
2 tsp canola oil
1 large tomato, sliced 4 slices
- Mix all of the ingredients for the spice rub together in bowl & set aside
- Mix the sauce ingredients together & set aside *** I put my sauce in the fridge since it had mayo in it if you aren’t going to use it soon
- Slice the avocados in half, remove the pit & mash the flesh in a bowl. Add the 2 teaspoons of lime juice, the 1 tsp olive oil & salt. Taste & adjust the salt as needed. set aside
- Using a cast iron pan or any skillet that you have,, one large enough to hold all four fish burgers….. heat 1 tbsp of butter in the skillet, When the butter melts, make sure there is butter all over the bottom of the skillet, toast the cut side of the buns until golden brown. .. *** I also lightly buttered my buns & then toasted them…Continue using the rest of the butter & the buns so that all 8 halves of buns are toasted… Set aside
- Take the sauce out of the fridge when you start to make the fish so it isn’t really cold but still cool
- Now you will make the fish….
- Season the fish with salt & the spice rub. I didn’t know how much rub to put on but I used enough that it looked well seasoned…
- Heat the oil in the same skillet that you used for the buns. Use a medium-high heat..you don’t want it too hot as the fish will burn and won’t cook inside… When the oil is hot, put the fish into the pan & cook. You want the fish to get a nice sear on it so the recipe says to press down on the fish with the back of a spatula …when the sides start to look opaque flip the fish over..If you are using frozen fish burgers, check the pkg. for the proper cooking times & instructions… you want your fish to be cooked complexly.
- When the fish is cooked you can start to assemble your burgers!
- Put the bottom of one bun on a plate. Place a cooked piece of fish on the bun .,,,top the fish with a generous spoonful of the avocado, then a tomato slice, next some lettuce . Put some of the sauce on top of the lettuce & then the top of the bun! Squish it down a bit so that you can bite it & everything kind of gets combined!
3 thoughts on “Blackened Fish Sandwich – Tasting Table”
[…] rest of the menu was Blackened Fish Sandwich – Tasting Table & some potato chips! I used pre-made Pollack fish burgers from Costco. We really like these […]
[…] I am making this delicious Blackened Fish Sandwich I don’t want to forget about the Chopped Broccoli Salad This is so good, serve it over rice […]
You must log in to post a comment.