Another recipe the I have has around for many years but have not made for a very long time! This Classic Cheese Ball is mild in flavour and perfect for any cracker or flatbread!
Many years ago I sold a product called Linens & Lace at home parties. At one of the parties, I do not remember who the hostess was, this Classic Cheese Ball was served to the guests. I remember really liking it, so I was given the recipe! I thank whomever that hostess was!
So simple to make yet very impressive on a serving dish. Circle some crackers 3/4 way around the Classic Cheese Ball, have a nice serving knife & everyone will be impressed!
This is made in a food processor but you can use a mixer or mix this by hand if you want. To make it by hand, make sure the cream cheese is at room temperature!
2 8oz ( 250g ) cream cheese
2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp dried onion flakes
1 tsp lemon juice
1/8 – 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
1/8 tsp salt
1 cup of finely chopped walnuts *** if you are going to use your food processor to chop the walnuts, do this before you mix the cheese. Just empty the chopped nuts into a bowl, then wipe the bowl out before mixing the cheese *** if you can not have nuts you can sprinkle the ball with some dried parsley or dill… if you like those herbs or leave it plain !!!
Variety of crackers to serve with the Cheese Ball
- Put the cream cheese into the bowl of the food processor. Pulse until the cream cheese is smooth, scraping down the sides of the bowl as necessary
- Add the shredded cheddar cheese, Worcestershire, onion flakes, lemon juice , cayenne & salt to the bowl & pulse until we’ll combines
- Put the cream cheese mixture onto a plate & bring it together to form a ball
- Coat the cheese ball all over with he finely chopped walnuts
- Chill & serve with crackers
coating the cheese ball with walnuts. *** use herbs if you can’t have nuts or leave plain !
You must log in to post a comment.