This used to be the only Chocolate Chip Cookie I used to bake! Then the book it was in got tucked away and other recipes were made, then luckily I found this again! Martha Stewart’s Chocolate Chip Cookies really are delicious!
The recipe for Martha Stewart’s Chocolate Chip Cookie is found in the soft covered cookbook called Favorite Comfort Food from 1999. There are many recipes in this that are really good! I have nat made them all but the ones I have we have really enjoyed!
These cookies flatten nicely when cooling which is my favorite type of cookie.. Some people like chocolate chip cookies There is nothing to change in this recipe at all! So I will put t ere as it is. The recipe did say to use chopped chocolate with the option of using chocolate chips, I always use chocolate chips since I always have some!
So many people love Chocolate Chip Cookies & I am sure that this recipe will become a favorite!
Here is the recipe
1 cup butter, softened
1 1/2 cups brown sugar, lightly packed
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 large egg
2 cups flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 12 oz bag of chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 375f. Line baking sheets with parchment paper
- Mix the butter & sugars in a mixer until light & fluffy. Scrape down sides as needed
- Whisk the flour, baking soda & salt together then add slowly to the butter/sugar mixture in the mixing bowl. Scrape siders of the bowl as necessary
- Stir in the chocolate chips
- Scoop 2 tbsp of cookie batter onto the prepared baking sheets. I like to use a cookie scoop. Leave room between each scoop of cookie dough, about 3 inches as these cookies spread out
- Bake for 16-18 minutes or until done. Continue with the remaining batter in the same way
- Let cool slightly on he baking sheet before removing to a cooling rack to cool completely
2 thoughts on “Martha Stewart’s Chocolate Chip Cookies”
Love a chocolate chip cookie while they are still warm from the oven.
[…] grandkids always want the same cookies Martha Stewarts Chocolate Chip Cookies & Lemon Sprinkle Cookies ( I leave out the lemon for them & they are just as good!). I […]
You must log in to post a comment.