Well..after months of online grocery shopping I did it! I thought I was ordering 5 bananas.but.. there were 5 big bunches of bananas in my order! I have to do something with them!
Since the pandemic started I have posted a collection of recipes that use banana.. & i love all of them!
Today I am going to try a new recipe & we see how it holds up to my favs!
I looked all over the internet… well for a few minutes anyway then went to one of my fav websites bon appetit & found this recipe for a Banana-Oat Snack Cake!
Really easy to make… don’t even have to mash the banana.. they are just cut into chunks!
I changed out the melted butter intros recipe for some olive oil… I like to make things non-dairy if I can & my butter is reserved for toast & making cookies! oh…& cooking eggs!
NOTE: I found these very sweet but Murray likes them …I might cut the amount of sugar next time by 1/4 cup to see if that is better for me…they are tasty though & a good use for 3 bananas!!!
Here is the recipe
1 1/2 cups oats
1 cup flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp kosher salt
6 tbsp olive oil
2 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/4 cups brown sugar
3 bananas, chopped
Preheat oven to 350f
Grease a square 8×8 baking dish .. I used non-stick cooking spray
- In a large bowl, mix the oats, flour, baking powder, cinnamon & salt together Set aside
2. In another bowl, whisk the olive oil, eggs & vanilla together. Add the brown sugar & combine well Set aside
3. Add the bananas to the dry ingredients tossing to coat all of the bananas with the oat mixture
4. Add the brown sugar mixture & stir well. The batter will be very thick
5. Put into the prepared pan & bake in the preheated oven for 50 minutes or until brown
Remove from the oven & let cool