First posted in 2019. These Broccoli Kugel Muffins can be made any time of year like any other kugel…it is just a ‘baked savoury pudding’ that everyone would enjoy!
My friend Jane gave me this recipe & it is the first year that I have made it. The recipe can be made in a baking pan & cut into squares, in a casserole dish scooped out with a spoon or as I did in muffin tins.
It tastes great & would be good with any meal.. but I am thinking along side a delicious frittata for brunch….
I don’t know where Jane got the recipe from but I am glad that she shared it with me !
Here it is
2 10 oz packages of chopped broccoli
1 tsp salt
2 tbsp chicken soup powder
1/2 cup of matzo meal ( or great crumbs if you aren’t making it for Passover)
Preheat oven to 350f
Grease 12 muffin tins or a baking dish
- I used my food processor to prepare the ingredients for this dish
- I chopped the onion in the food processor & then put it into a bowl
- Chop the broccoli in the food processor… the recipe says to cook the broccoli until it is defrosted & then drain…so after chopping it in the processor, just warm it up in the microwave for a minute or two, then drain
- Add the broccoli to the onions
- Peel & wash the carrots & then chop them in the processor, you can grate them if you prefer that to chopping them
- Add the carrots to the other ingredients in the bowl
- Beat the eggs with the salt & pepper & chicken powder. Adding the spices & chicken powder to the eggs helps distribute them nicely throughout the vegetables
- Pour the egg mixture over the vegetables & mix well
- Now sprinkle the matzo meal over the vegetable mixture & combine throughly
- Distribute the vegetable mixture evenly into the greased muffin tins
- Bake for 40 – 50 minutes in the preheated oven
- Let cool
- These can be frozen
One thought on “Broccoli Kugel Muffins”
Great recipe, I’ll have to try these. What other recipes from your blog would you recommend?
You must log in to post a comment.