I think is the last kugel recipe I am going to post this year!!! Again, this can be made any time of year like any other kugel…it is just a ‘baked savoury pudding’ that everyone would enjoy!
My friend Jane gave me this recipe & it is the first year that I have made it. The recipe can be made in a baking pan & cut into squares, in a casserole dish scooped out with a spoon or as I did in muffin tins.
It tastes great & would be good with any meal.. but I am thinking along side a delicious frittata for brunch….
I don’t know where Jane got the recipe from …
Here it is
2 10 oz packages of chopped broccoli
1 tsp salt
2 tbsp chicken soup powder
1/2 cup of matzo meal ( or great crumbs if you aren’t making it for Passover)
Preheat oven to 350f
Grease 12 muffin tins or a baking dish
- I used my food processor to prepare the ingredients for this dish
- I chopped the onion in the food processor & then put them into a bowl
- Chop the broccoli in the food processor… the recipe says to cook the broccoli until it is defrosted & then drain…so after chopping it in the processor, just warm it up in the microwave for a minute or two, then drain
- Add the broccoli to the onions
- Peel & wash the carrots & then chop them in the processor, you can grate them if you prefer that to chopping them
- Add the carrots to the other ingredients in the bowl
- Beat the eggs with the salt & pepper & chicken powder. Adding these to the eggs helps distribute them nicely throughout the vegetables
- Pour the egg mixture over the vegetables & mix well
- Now sprinkle the matzo meal over the vegetable mixture & mix well
- Now, put the vegetables evenly into the greased muffin tins
- Bake for 40 – 50 minutes in the preheated oven
- Let cool
- These can be frozen