This strawberry sauce is so easy to make! It is great on cheesecake or over ice-cream.
You can use frozen strawberries or fresh for this simple fruit sauce.
I have used frozen strawberries this time. It is quick & really only takes a few minutes to make. Let this cool before serving over whatever you want to eat with this sweet wonderful strawberry sauce!
Here is the recipe
4 cups strawberries, I used frozen…if you are using fresh, clean them cut the tops off & cut the strawberries in half
1/2 cup sugar
2 tsp lemon juice
- Put the strawberries, sugar & lemon juice into a saucepan.
- Mix well
- Cook them over medium heat until the strawberries are soft & have released their juice. Stir often
- Bring to a boil
- Cook until this becomes a bit thick. about 10 minutes
- You can mash some of the strawberries if you want & leave some in pieces..
- This sauce does not get glossy & thick…it just gets kind of thick… which is how we like it
- Let cool & serve with cheesecake or ice cream!