I love Peanut Butter Cookies & well… I love Potato Chips.. so, I have combined the two!!
Also … my brother -in-law Rick, used to eat peanut butter & potato chip sandwiches… he would take a soft piece of white bread or challah, spread some peanut butter on the bread & press some potato chips onto the peanut butter…eat it open- face…& trust me it is delicious… This inspired me to try making these cookies… They are crunchy, salty & delicious!
I just used the Kraft Old-Fashioned Peanut Butter Cookie Recipe & added the chips! The crunch & saltiness of the chips take a simple Peanut Butter cookie to a whole new level!!
Here is a link to my SHOP page https://marilyndishes.com/shop/
Here is the recipe & a video!
2 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 cup of softened butter
1 cup smooth peanut butter
1 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups of ripple potato chips
Preheat oven to 350f
Line your baking sheets with parchment paper
- Combine the flour, baking powder & baking soda together & set aside
- In the bowl of a mixer, cream the butter, peanut butter, both sugars together until light in colour & texture
- Add the eggs & vanilla then mix well
- Gradually add the flour mixture, mixing until combined
- Add the potato chips & on a low speed mix until the chips are integrated with the dough but be careful not to over mix… you want some larger pieces of chips in the batter
- Drop by tablespoons onto the prepared baking sheet, use a fork to make a criss-cross pattern that is used for a peanut butter cookie!
- Bake for 8 – 10 minutes until bon. Let the cookies cool on the cookie sheet for a few minutes…the recipe says 5 minutes… I never wait that long as I need the cookie sheet for the next batch! But don’t try to remove the cookies from the baking sheet while they are hot as they will break! You will see in the video!!
- Cool completely!!
Here is a video!!