This is so quick to make & really delish! One Bowl Banana Bread made with Olive Oil
I have a recipe for Banana Bread that I have been making often but with the price of butter I decided to change the recipe & use olive oil instead of the butter. Also, since I do not have buttermilk in the house but I always have homemade yogurt, I decided to use yogurt instead, *this is an option in the original recipe.* the only thing I actually changed was using olive oil instead of butter & less bananas & a bit more cinnamon. The result is excellent. The One Bowl Banana Bread is so moist! I did not want to get the mixer out so I just made this all in one bowl by hand! So simple. You can add nuts & chocolate chips, this is the way my son Seth likes this or only nuts, or only chocolate chips, both or neither! You can make this your own just use the main recipe & adapt it if you want!
It seems that I always have brown bananas. I buy a bunch thinking we are going to eat them all but we usually do not. Bananas are one fruit that I always have in the house since I love them with yogurt & Granola I don’t like to toss them in the freezer since I usually forget about them. This recipe for One Bowl Banana Bread is super quick to mix up! I mash the bananas first in the bowl so I don’t need to use more than one bowl. I start mixing with a fork then switch to a spoon type of spatula but a wooden spoon would work well here.
Here is the recipe & method that I used! *adapted from a recipe by Marcy Goldman
2 really ripe bananas
1.2 cup sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla
3/4 cup olive oil
1/2 cup yogurt
1 3/4 cup flour
1@ tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 chopped walnuts, or chocolate chips or both
Grease a loaf pan. Preheat the oven to 350f
- Mash the banana in a bowl with a fork
- Add the sugars & mix well with a wooden spoon or you can use a whisk for the wet ingredients but them switch to a spoon when you add the dry ingredients
- Beat the two eggs & add them to the bowl with the vanilla. Mix
- Now add the oil & yogurt. Stir until well blended
- Add the dry ingredients using a spoon now or even a big firm spatula will work
- Stir in the whatever you are adding, the nuts or chocolate chips
- Pour into the prepared loaf pan
- Bake for 55 -60 minutes until a cake tester comes out dry. This loaf may take more or less time depending on your oven
- Let cool for a few minutes in the loaf pan to firm up so it does not break when you remove it. You can cool completely on a cooling rack
One thought on “One Bowl Banana Bread made with Olive Oil”
Love banana bread, and this one looks lovely!
You must log in to post a comment.