My friend, Marcia, named this cake Baseball Cake when she took it to a baseball wind-up party & from than on that is what it was called!!
Marcia’s Baseball Cake is a perfectly delicious dessert that is simple to make. It was so good I had to give most of it away otherwise Murray & I would have eaten the whole thing! I changed her recipe a bit but I give her total credit of this dessert!
There is absolutely nothing wrong with a chocolate cake, drizzled with Dulce De Leche & the topped with whipped topping sprinkles with skor bars! It is perfect for any occasion or just for yourself!!
NOTE. The Dulce De Leche has to absorb into the cake so try to make the cake a couple hours before putting the topping on !!
Here is the recipe for Marcia’s Baseball Cake
1 box of any chocolate cake you like!
1 tin of Eagle Brand Dulce De Leche
! tub of Cool Whip Topping *** you can use regular whipped cream if you are going to serve it right away.
4 Skor Bars or Heath if you are in the US..and caramel bar will work or if you want even some Skor chips but the chocolate is nice on the bar
- Bake the chocolate cake according to the package instructions in a 9×13 pan
- Cool the cake in the pan & while still warm poke holes all over the cake. Pour the Dulce De Leche all over the cake. Spread it out evenly using a knife or off-set spatula. Let this sit until you see that the sauce has absorbed into the cake.
- While the cake is sitting, take the skor bars and smash them! I used a rolling pin & hit them while in the package , set aside
- When the Dulce De Leche has absorbed into the cake, put the Cool Whip into a large bowl. Add the broken up Skor bars reserving some to sprinkle on the top
- Spread the Cool Whip mixture all of the cake. Evenly sprinkle the reserved Skor Bars all over the top. Chill until ready to serve!