This Spinach Mushroom Frittata is perfect for any meal!! We are having it for dinner tonight & then leftovers for breakfast or lunch tomorrow!
I do love a frittata, there are endless ways to make them, so many various ingredients that make each frittata unique!
I love this, Spinach Mushroom Frittata made with potatoes, canned mushrooms, fresh spinach, eggs & cheese! Nothing wrong with this!
You can serve it with a salad, as a side dish for fish, in a sandwich even! No limits! I just heat ups leftovers in the microwave & it is great!
Here is the recipe
2 small red potatoes
1 can sliced mushrooms, drained well
2 tsp olive or vegetable oil
4 cups fresh spinach
1 1/2 cups ( divided 1 cup/1/2 cup shredded cheese, I used a mix of mozzarella & cheddar because that is what I had I the house! You can really use any cheese you like!
Salt & pepper
Preheat oven to 400f
use a pie plate for this frittata. I sprayed it with non-stick spray
- Peel & thinly slice the potatoes, put them Into the pie pan with the drained mushrooms. Put the oil on, mix & pop Into the preheated oven. Cook for 20 minutes
- While the potatoes & mushrooms are in the oven, prepare the rest of the ingredients
- Cook the spinach in the microwave & then using a kitchen towel, wring the liquid out of the spinach so that it is dry.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs, add the drained spinach, add in 1 cup of shredded cheese, salt & pepper. Mix well
- When the potatoes & mushrooms are finished cooking in the oven, take them out, stir them around, the spread them out evenly in the pan. Carefully but the egg mixture in the pan
- Sprinkle the extra 1/2 cup of cheese overtop of the egg mixture
- Bake for 40-50 minutes until cooked & nicely browned
- Let the frittata rest briefly before serving
2 thoughts on “Spinach Mushroom Frittata”
This looks delicious Marilyn! Love a frittata!
[…] Spinach Mushroom Frittata — Marilyn Dishes […]
You must log in to post a comment.