I love this Corn Flake Baked Chicken recipe. It is crispy from the oven, not fried & you can use whatever chicken pieces you like!
I love crunchy chicken & oven baked chicken is so good! The seasoned corn flake crumbs give such a delicious flavour to this Corn Flake Baked Chicken, You can use any type of chicken pieces you prefer, adjust cooking times accordingly. If you are making chicken fingers with this recipe the chicken will not take as much time to cook as bone-in pieces of chicken.
This recipe my just become your ‘go-to’ crispy chicken!
Here is the recipe
2 cups CORN FLAKE crumbs
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp parsley flakes
1 tsp dried basil
2 tbsp water
chicken pieces… I used 8 large bone-in chicken pieces & had some left over crumbs…
line a baking sheet, big enough to hold all of your chicken pieces so that they are not touching, with foil & spray it with non-stick spray
- In a large bowl, mix the CORN FLAKE crumbs, salt, pepper, paprika, dry parsley, & basil together, set aside
- In a bowl, big enough for you to put a piece of chicken in, beat the egg with the water
- Now, (I trim the fat & extra skin off of my chicken)….you will coat the chicken first in the egg then coat it all over with the CORN FLAKE mixture
- Put each piece of chicken after it is coated in the crumbs onto the prepared baking sheet
- When you have all of the pieces finished & on the baking sheet put into a 375f oven & bake until the chicken is cooked through completely & it is nice & brown! cooked mine for about 1 hour…but make sure the chicken is cooked completely. The internal temperature near the bone should be 165f