This really quick recipe for ground Chicken & Cabbage Stir Fry is delicious.
You can eat this Ground Chicken & Cabbage Stir Fry with lettuce as a wrap, over noodles, I used Soba Noodles, or over rice. Just out of a bowl is great too!
Use ground chicken & a bag of coleslaw mix, add some mushrooms if you have them. some green onions & sauce… & there you go! Pretty simple yet so full of flavor! Adjust the seasoning as you like, you can add more hoisin sauce or more garlic or Sriracha sauce. After using the sauce ix in the recipe it is easy to taste and adjust once the chicken is fully cooked.
I LOVE KETJAP MANIS! This is a sweet soya sauce. I love drizzling this on everything just before eating!
Here is the recipe
2 tbsp neutral oil
1/2 pd mushrooms, washed, dried & sliced *** optional of course if you don’t like mushrooms omit these
1 pound ground chicken
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp powdered ginger
1 tsp salt
1 bag of coleslaw mix
2 green onions , sliced
1/4 cup soya sauce
5 tbsp Hoisin sauce
1-2 tsp sugar
2 tsp garlic. powder
2 tsp powdered ginger
2 tsp Sriracha
3 tsp sesame oil
1 tbsp rice vinegar
If you want to serve over rice, cook the rice while this is cooking. I served this with Soba Noodles for Murray so I took the chicken mixture out of the pan & added a bit of oil & sautéed the noodles. I ate this wrapped in Iceberg lettuce leaves which was excellent!
- Heat the oil in a large wok or skillet & sauté the mushrooms until they start to brown and all the liquid has evaporated. Remove from the pan & set aside
- If you are using a non-stick skillet you will not need oil to cook the chicken. If you are not then add 2 tbsp oil to the pan and then add the ground chicken. Break up any clumps of meat. Season the chicken with the garlic, ginger & salt. Stir. Throughly cook the chicken.
- While the chicken is cooking mix the sauce ingredients together & have close to the stove.
- Put the mushrooms into the pan with the cooked chicken & mix
- Pour in the sauce & stir for 2 minutes until the sauce cooks and flavors the chicken
- Add the bag of coleslaw mix, stir well & cook until the cabbage softens & becomes transparent. Mix often. This can take about 5-10 minutes
- Put the sliced green onion in, mix well
- Cook, stirring often until all of the ingredients are well blended sot they have all the flavor!