My grandmother & mom made this Kamish Broit recipe & it is a bit different then the usual ones!
Most of the Kamish recipes have almonds & coconut in them, which I love.I have recipe on this blog with cranberries which is my meld of Biscotti & Kamish.
Here is the link to that recipe Kamish With Cranberries
This recipe has walnuts in it & cinnamon. I love them. You can make this recipe in one bowl with just a whisk & a spoon. I actually bake them in the bottoms of 2 old metal ice cube trays.. but you can use two loaf pans.
Every bite reminds me of these two woman who were so important to me.
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup canola oil
1 1/2 cups flour
2 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1 pinch of salt
1 cup of chopped walnuts
Preheat oven to 350f
Grease 2 loaf pans
have a baking sheet ready to use after these are baked… you will put the cooked kamish slices on this & back in the oven to dry…
- In a large mixing bowl, use a whisk or a fork, beat the eggs until combines
- Add the sugar & oil, mix well
- Now, switch to a wooden spoon if you have one … Add the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt & nuts. Mix well until all of the dry ingredients are incorporated with the wet
- Divide the batter evenly between the 2 prepared loaf pans. The batter will not be deep..this bakes up to only about 1 1/2 inches tall. Spread the dough out evenly in the pan
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes. Remove from the oven & turn it off
- Remove from he oven, cut into 1 inch slices.
- Carefully remove from the loaf pans. Put onto the baking sheet standing up, with space between each piece
- Put the baking sheet into the hot oven to dry… just remember that they are in there! I have forgotten nonce & burnt a whole batch while preheating the oven for something else! Keep these in the oven overnight
- Store in an airtight container.. if you put it in a plastic bag they will get soft. I do not know how long they last for because we eat them up pretty quickly but you can freeze some.