This recipe is for a quick dinner. Just buy the groceries & have them on hand so you can get dinner on the table in just over 30 minutes!
This meal is cooked on a rimmed baking sheet & is quick to put together.
I used salmon steaks for this but you can use salmon fillets as well if you prefer & they can be skin off fillets. The reason I chose salmon steaks is because that was the freshest salmon in the grocery store that day!I also used little potatoes from The Little Potato company, You can buy potatoes with a seasoning pack ready for the microwave. If this product is not available in your area, you can use any potato If you use big ones, cut them into chunks, season them & microwave until they are soft. This cuts down the cooking time in the oven & will just crisp them up nicely.
Here are the groceries you will need.
1 pkg of Little Potato Company garlic & parsley microwave potatoes *** you can use any of the flavours you prefer, 4 salmon steaks, 8 oz green beans, i red pepper
The rest of the ingredients in the recipe are most likely already in your home!
Here is the recipe
1 pkg of The Little Potaote Company garlic parsley microwave potaotes
4 salmon steaks
8 oz green beans
1 red pepper
1 tbsp oil
1/2 tsp salt
salt & pepper
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1 tsp dried parsley
Preheat the oven to 350f
You need a large rimmed baking sheet & line it with foil
- Microwave the potatoes according to the instructions on the pkg.. I microwaved them for 5 minutes. If you are using large potatoes, cut them in pieces , put the potatoes into a microwave safe dish, season them & cook for 5 minutes. Be careful taking the potatoes out of the microwave because there could be steam when you open them. When they are finished cooking, remove from the microwave & set aside
- While the potatoes are cooking prepare the vegetables & the fish
- Pat the fish pieces dry with some paper towel & put them onto the prepared baking sheet & set aside
- Cut, wash & trim the green beans & put them into a bowl
- Wash, dry & slice the red pepper about the same with as the green beans. Add these to the green beans in the bowl
- Toss the vegetables with the 1 tbsp oil & salt & pepper
- Put these vegetables along the long edge of the baking sheet
- Mix the mayonnaise with the dried parsley & spread evenly over the salmon steaks
- Put the microwaved potatoes on the other side of the fish evenly spread out
- Put the baking sheet into the preheated oven & bake for 15 – 20 minutes making sure that the salmon is cooked completely. If you have an instant thermometer, salmon should be cooked to 145f according to United States Food & Drug Administration testing at its thickest part.
- Remove from the oven when done