I find that sometimes the recipes on the back of the package of ingredients are really good! For example, the recipe for corn muffins on the back of the the Purity Corn Meal bag!
I love corn muffins…anyway I can have them 🙂 I like then as a side with chili..that is what I made these for. I made a new delicious recipe for beef chili in the Instant Pot & made the corn muffins to go with it! I also like corn muffins with strawberry jam!
The recipe I used for the chili is from the website Tested by Amy + jacky- Pressure Cook Recipes…. I pretty much made the recipe as it is except for a couple changes! I didn’t use a fresh chili pepper, I didn’t use fish sauce, I subbed in worcestershire sauce… & I did not use as much chili spice as the in the recipe… it was really delish… if I make it again with my changes I will post it! You should try this recipe though…Instant Pot Chili
Corn Muffins are not available in bakeries in Edmonton… they are pretty much available everywhere in America! And the grocery stores don’t sell corn muffin mix here…but luckily it is so easy to make them at home
Here is the recipe right off the back of the package!
3/4 cup cornmeal
1 1/4 milk **** I subbed water for the milk, you could use nut milk…
1 cup flour
1/3 cup sugar
1 tbsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 cup oil
Preheat oven to 400f Grease 12 muffin cups… or you could line them with muffin papers
- Combine the cornmeal & liquid of your choice in a bowl & let it sit for 10 minutes
- In another bowl big enough to add the other ingredients to , combine the flour, sugar, baking powder & salt & set aside
- Add the egg & oil to the cornmeal mixture & mix well
- Now, add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients
- Mix until just combined.. like all muffin recipes you don’t want to over-mix the batter but you want all of the dry ingredients mixed into the wet
- Portion out the batter between the 12 prepared muffin cups
- Bake in the preheated oven for 12 – 15 minutes
- When done, cool on cooling racks