I posted this recipe last year. It is really a good to make on the weekend, or anytime of course, enjoy it with a cup coffee or tea!
I am not sure what the name of this bread/cake is… or whether it is a yeasted cake or a cake-like bread! My aunt gave me the recipe on a piece of paper. I have tried to search for it online to give credit to the original recipe but could not find it. I am sure my aunt must have gotten the recipe from somewhere!!
This is a quick cinnamon bread/cake. Made with yeast but does not rise like a bread, just rises for 10 minutes. Bakes for only 30 minutes so when you have a craving for cinnamon buns this could very well do the trick! Very simple to put together and delicious!
Here is the recipe
1 1/2 cups flour
1/4 cup sugar
2 envelopes of Rapid Rise Yeast
2/3 cup very warm milk
2 tbsp butter, melted
2 tbsp oil
3 tbsp butter, melted
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 cup icing sugar
2 tbsp milk
1 tbsp butter, melted
1/2 tsp vanilla
***Since there is melted butter in all of the parts to this.. I just melted it all at once so, a total of 6 tbsp of butter
DO NOT PRE-HEAT THE OVEN
Spray an 8×8 pan
- Mix the batter ingredients together and put into the prepared pan
- Let rise for 10 minutes (I forgot to do this and was wondering why it was a bit flat!! Still tasted fine!)
- Mix the cinnamon mixture together and put on top of the batter
- With your fingers, poke holes all over the batter making sure the topping gets down into the batter…
- Bake in a cold, NOT PRE-HEATED 350F oven
- Bake for 25-30 minutes I baked mine for 30 minutes
- Remove from the oven and let cool of 10 minutes
- While this is cooling, mix up the icing
- Put the icing on top while warm. You can drizzle it or spread it all over like I did
***remember to let it rise for 10 minutes before baking so it is higher than the pictures I have posted!