I did not close my deep freezer door properly the other day….I thought I had..but I guess it didn’t catch..anyway… luckily only a few things in the door were starting to defrost by the time Murray went to the freezer to put some food in there! Phew…I could have been cooking a freezer full of food!!!
There were 2 pkg of mini hotdogs that were defrosted…still cold so they were good to cook! I cooked them & was going to freeze them to pull out & serve another day, but they were so good that they got eaten! I am sure this recipe would be good with cut up hotdogs if mini ones are not available…or even I bet this sauce would be good on meatballs!
The recipe is from a cookbook I have called California Kosher…. I only changed one thing by adding some hot sauce, Murray likes hot sauce on everything & this was just a bit spicy so it was tasty!
Super simple & pretty quick to prepare….& really delicious
Here is the recipe which I added some hot sauce too
2 pounds of cocktail size hotdogs
1 cup ketchup
1/2 cup brown sugar
Optional: Sriracha sauce to taste
- Put the hotdogs into an oven-safe baking dish
- Mix the ketchup & brown sugar together.
- Add the Sriracha sauce if you are using it
- Mix well so that all of the hotdogs are coated with the ketchup/sugar sauce
- Bake at 350f uncovered for 1 hour or until the hotdogs are glazed & brown
- And that’s it!