This is such an easy appetizer. Only takes a few minutes to mix it together…& only has 3 ingredients + one to sprinkle on the top if you want….It used to be on the party circuit & I haven’t seen it lately…or rather eaten it lately…so I decided to make it for company the other evening….
I got the recipe from my sister’s friend Roz many years ago!
I make it in the food processor but if you do not have one, you can chop the artichokes by hand of course …or a blender could work too.
Serve this with crackers or vegetables…I had both on a plate ready to eat with this yummy dish.
Here is the recipe
2 cans of artichoke hearts…not the marinated ones
2 cups mayonnaise…you can use light
1 cup of parmesan cheese with extra for sprinkling on the top
paprika to sprinkle on the top
- Drain the artichokes
- Place them in the bowl of a food processor & process until fairly smooth, you don’t want big chunks…
- Add the mayonnaise & the parmesan cheese & mix until fully combined
- Put into a serving dish that is oven safe…I used a quiche plate…
- Sprinkle with the extra parmesan & some paprika
- Bake for uncovered for 20 minutes
- Keep it warm if you can while serving…it tastes good warm but it was ok at room temperature too…. I didn’t have a warming plate to keep it warm, I bet one of those little crock pot warmers would work…?