If you like salmon, then grilled salmon in the summer is one of the best things ever! Just like chicken there are so many ways to prepare salmon. One of our favourites is this recipe from Recipezaar from 2009.
The recipe is called Greatest Grilled Salmon Recipe Ever! HAHA I’m not sure about that but we do like it! I like many grilled salmon recipes so give this recipe a try & let me know what you think!
I cut the marinade recipe in half since I was only making 2 fillets. There was more marinade then I needed but it was easy to halve the recipe instead of trying to 1/4 it. I baked this salmon dish in the oven…. my intention was to BBQ the salmon, but it was so windy out that it would have difficult to BBQ. It tasted just fine from the oven… I could also have made it in a cast-iron pan…that would also have been a good method to cook this fish as long as the skin was on it.
I found some beautiful wild salmon fillets at one of the grocery stores, so that is what I used.
Here is the recipe as it is written originally, you can cut it down to suit the number of fillets you are using
Marinade for Salmon
8 salmon fillets ( 4 oz each)
1/2 cup oil
4 tbsp balsamic vinegar
4 tbsp lemon juice
4 tbsp green onions, chopped
4 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp brown sugar
1 1/2 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp pepper
1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
1 tsp salt
1 tsp sesame oil
4 garlic cloves, minced
- Put the salmon fillets into a container that will fit them and the marinade. I used a pie plate but you can use a big bowl or ziplock bag…you just want the marinade over all of the fillets. Set this aside
- Mix the oil, balsamic vinegar, lemon juice, green onions, soy sauce, brown sugar, ginger, paprika, pepper, red pepper flakes, salt, sesame oil & garlic cloves together
- Pour this mixture, the marinade, over the fish & see that all of the fish is in the marinade & covered.
- Cover the container & put in the refrigerator for 2 – 24 hours
- Remove the salmon fillets from the marinade when you are ready to cook them.
- Place the salmon fillets on a grill & cook until done. Alternately, place the salmon fillets onto a lined baking sheet & roast in a 400f degree oven until done, approximately 12 – 15 minutes. Cooking time varies depending on the thickness of the salmon fillets