I love almond butter. But…when there was a recall at Costco of the kind I used to buy…I started making it at home.
I use a simple recipe from the Martha Stewart website. It is so easy! You do need to have a food processor or blender to use when making this.
Here is the recipe
Almond Butter … recipe from Martha Stewart
2 cups almonds
1 tsp coarse salt
- Put the almonds on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper
- Roast the almonds in a 350f oven for approx 10 – 15 minutes until they become fragrant & start to brown
- Take out of the oven & let cool briefly
- Put the roasted almonds into your food processor or blender and process the almonds until they become smooth. This can take anywhere up to 7-10 minutes. Scrape down the sides of the food processor often. *** please note that I have not made this in a blender but I am confident it will work!
- Add the salt & process for a few seconds to combine it with the almonds
- Keep Ina container in the fridge up to 5 days