This recipe is from Bon Appetit. I have made very few changes but will put the recipe here with them, inspired by the Bon Appetit recipe. This is a quick delicious fish dish that everyone I have ever made it for loves.
I have also made it with tofu & it is just as delicious as with the fish. The flavor is subtle which makes it good for everyone! I actually make this dish often & every time I do, Murray says “I really like this!” in somewhat of a surprised voice since he would eat steak every night & never really wants to eat fish, though he always does! Funny! You should really try this dish, I do not think you will be disappointed!
(Please note that this in not my recipe at all. The only change I made was using frozen vegetables instead of fresh & serving it with a rice or quinoa. I have written the method out as I made it )
Here is the link to the recipe
Fish in a Red Curry Sauce
1 shallot, diced
2 garlic clove, chopped
2 tsp minced ginger *** I use minced ginger from a jar…
2 tbsp oil
2 tbsp red curry paste
2 tsp turmeric
1 small can diced tomatoes
1 can coconut milk
4 cups frozen mixed vegetables *** I use a mix of broccoli, cauliflower & sliced carrots *** you can some spinach to this as well, which I have done
453 grams (1 lb) firm white fish, cut into slices…I sliced it and cut the slices in half. Cut it into any type of slice/cube you would like to eat! or use TOFU cubed or sliced
cooked rice or quinoa
cilantro , washed & take off the stems
- In a medium size saucepan, sauté the diced shallot, garlic & ginger until brown
- Add the curry paste & tumeric, mix well & cook until the curry paste gets thick
- Add the tomatoes with the juice, stir well & cook for a few minutes to reduce the liquid a bit
- Add the can of coconut milk & cook until incorporated & warmed through
- Add the frozen vegetables, stir & cook on a low simmer until the vegetables are defrosted & warm.
- Nestle the cut fish into the broth & continue to cook at a low simmer until the fish is cooked
- Serve over cooked rice or quinoa. *** The original recipe says to serve over rice noodles but we prefer a grain to soak up the delicious sauce
- Serve with a squirt of lime & cilantro leaves on top …if you like cilantro! We love it but if you don’t, it certainly isn’t necessary!
4 thoughts on “Fish in a Red Curry Sauce”
[…] Fish In Red Curry Sauce […]
[…] I like to buy the frozen cod fillets from Costco so that I have fish available for this dish and this Fish In Red Curry Sauce […]
[…] Fish in Red Curry Sauce […]
You must log in to post a comment.