This is our family recipe for meatloaf…you’ll notice the addition of ketchup in the mixture and on top….my mom added ketchup to most foods she made.
Meatloaf is a staple in our family. If I ate some ground beef and just want simple ‘don’t have to watch it’ meal then meatloaf is the answer for me!
Always good served with a side of mashed potatoes and peas.
Here is the recipe
Tenen Family Meatloaf
2 lbs ground beef
1 medium onion, finely diced ( approx.1 cup)
2 eggs, beaten
1/2 bread crumbs
1/2 cup ketchup- divided
1 tsp garlic
salt & pepper
1. Put the ground beef into a large bowl.
2. Add the diced onions, beaten eggs and 1/4 cup of ketchup
3. Add the rest of the ingredients and mic well, I lie to use my hands
4. Place beef mixture into a 9 x 13 baking dish and form into a solid loaf shape
5. Brush the reserved 1/4 cup of ketchup all over the top
6. Bake at 350F for 1 hour or until throughly cooked
Let the meatloaf sit for a bit before cutting it