Funny thing, I made meatloaf for dinner and then the next morning a guest on the Marilyn Denis show was making meatloaf!! I don’t know what recipe she used but it was a coincidence for sure…as well, the day after I posted the Chicken Adobo recipe …Bon Appetite magazine posted a recipe on Instagram for Chicken Adobo!!!
This is our family recipe for meatloaf…you’ll notice the addition of ketchup in the mixture and on top….my mom added ketchup to most foods she made. I will post her chicken recipe sometime, ..made with ketchup! All of her sweet and sour dishes…ketchup! Soups…ketchup! Stew…ketchup! I’m sure there was more!!!
Here is the recipe
Tenen Family Meatloaf
2 lbs ground beef
1 medium onion, diced ( 1 cup)
2 eggs, beaten
1/2 bread crumbs
1/2 cup ketchup- divided
1 tsp garlic
salt & pepper
1. Put the ground beef into a large bowl.
2. Add the diced onions, beaten eggs and 1/4 cup of ketchup
3. Add the rest of the ingredients and mic well, I use my hands
4. Place beef mixture into a 9 x 13 baking dish and form into a loaf shape
5. Brush the reserved 1/4 cup of ketchup all over the top
6. Bake at 350F for 1 hour or until throughly cooked