Cookies Cookies Cookies! So many kinds of cookies and different variations of the same type.
This recipe is for shortbread cookies. I was looking through my book recipes and there was a note on the top of this recipe that this was Jacki’s favourite in 2009!
She is coming home for a few days so I made them and we will see if she still thinks they are her fav! I of course had to eat a few to test them and they are very good. I cut them into small Chanukah shapes.You can use any cookie cutters you want! I like making them round as well! Small is the key, that way we can all eat more then one!
2 cups flour
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup butter (cubed if using the food processor) room temperature if using a mix master
1/2 cup icing sugar
1 tsp vanilla
Preheat oven to 350 F
1. I used my food processor. Put al the ingredients in the bowl of the food processor fitted with the steel blade. Process until the dough gathers into a ball. Turn the processor off a few times and scrape down the sides.of the bowl.
2. If using your mix master, put the butter, icing sugar and vanilla in the mix master bowl and cream together, Add the flour and salt. Mix until completely combined. Scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed.
3. Wrap the cookie dough in plastic wrap and chill in the refrigerator for approximately 15 minutes.
4. Roll out on a lightly floured surface to desired thickness, I like mine about 1/4 inch thick. Cut into desired shapes
5. Sprinkle any type of coloured sugar on if desired.
6. Bake approximately 8 – 10 minutes. Watch closely. Baking time depends on the thickness of the cookie